We welcome volunteers as an essential piece of the work done at Jackson Street. Our volunteers share their skills and provide new experiences and opportunities for youth to grow through activities and classes — anything from nutrition education and cooking meals, to repairing bikes and doing maintenance work, to yoga classes, Rec nights, and gardening. Volunteers are vital to our Street Outreach program and they are on-site and personal tutors. Our volunteer mentors go above and beyond to support a youth needing a stable adult role-model.
You can become a volunteer too!
- Download and fill-out a Volunteer Application
- Meet for a background check (required) and initial interview; meeting locations in both Benton and Linn counties are available.
- Complete the Volunteer Orientation training (via email or in person)
- A second meeting includes signing confidentiality paperwork and being given a house tour
- Connect with the program staff in your interest area to arrange scheduling and for additional training as needed
If you are interested in becoming a part of the on-going work at JSYSI, submit your completed Volunteer Application to Hannah Miller, Community Liaison. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com , sent in the mail, or brought to the initial interview.
We also have volunteer needs in Linn County, and more to come!